Are you a dynamic, multi-skilled professional who:
- excels at recruiting and coordinating small and large teams of volunteers and managing events?
- is passionate about developing strong volunteer networks and partnerships to build a Mind Medicine movement around Australia?
- would like your work to make a difference in people’s lives while growing an innovative charity?
- thrives on challenge: can you juggle priorities like a Cirque De Soleil artist?
Would you like:
- The opportunity to join one of Australia’s most innovative and fastest growing charitable organisations?
- A stimulating and flexible role working in the healthcare not-for-profit sector?
- The chance to work with inspiring, dedicated and curious colleagues in an energising, fast-paced environment?
- Meaning and purpose through working in the not-for-profit sector helping people who are experiencing mental illness?
If this is you, then please apply for this exciting opportunity!
Mind Medicine Australia (www.mindmedicineaustralia.org) is a charity that helps to alleviate the suffering caused by mental illness in Australia through expanding the treatment options available to medical practitioners and their patients. We are establishing safe and effective psychedelic-assisted treatments to cure a range of mental illnesses.
Mind Medicine Australia is headed by social sector philanthropists Tania de Jong AM and Peter Hunt AM. Tania is one of the nation’s leading social entrepreneurs, creatives and inspirational innovators and Peter is one of Australia’s leading investment bankers and philanthropists.
Reporting to the Executive Director and Board, you will manage, develop and grow existing relationships with volunteers and chapter members of the charity and strive to secure new volunteers, partners and supporters for our charity. You’ll bring a passion for giving, exceptional relationship and project management, volunteer and events management, organisational and influencing skills and strong networks. You’ll join at an exciting period of growth for our organisation and play a critical role in introducing innovative new programs and treatments for mental illnesses.
Primary Purpose and Responsibilities:
The Engagement and Event Support Officer is responsible for assisting with the administration, procurement, training and supervision of the chapter and volunteer portfolio, partnerships and a range of other tasks as required as part of a small, dynamic team…moving very fast. You will also assist in the creation, development and refinement of policies and procedures for volunteers and maintaining and developing donor relationships and partnerships emanating from the Volunteers and Chapters communities. You will assist in establishing, maintaining and developing relationships with universities including through internship programs and clubs and societies.
- Assist the Executive Director as required.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Volunteers, Grants and Chapter Coordinator as required
- Assist with the event management and administrative commitments of the chapter and volunteer portfolio.
- Assist in the procurement and Induction of volunteers and Chapter Leaders and Chapter Members.
- Assist in the training and supervision of volunteers and Chapter Leaders.
- Assist in the creation, development and refinement of policies and procedures pertaining to the chapter and volunteer portfolios.
- Assist in establishing, maintaining and developing relationships with universities including through internship programs and clubs & societies.
- Assist in maintaining and developing donor relationships emanating from the Volunteers and Chapters communities.
- Assist in developing and maintaining other in-kind and financial partnerships with aligned stakeholders.
- A demonstrated track record and success in coordinating large numbers of volunteers
- An understanding of and experience in philanthropy, partnerships and the not-for-profit sector or comparable experience influencing and securing support of programs for community benefit
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences
- A results-orientated approach and desire to consistently deliver great outcomes
- Strategic and analytical thinking; ability to identify future opportunities and tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Excellent presentation and volunteer management skills and the capacity to deal with people at all levels and areas of expertise
- High competency in all key IT programs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable, caring, ‘can-do’ and courageous
- A lifelong learner with a growth mindset
- Team-player with strong competencies in managing staff, volunteers and partnerships
- A sense of urgency
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated and successful track record in volunteer coordination, event management and partnership development
- Demonstrated high level written, verbal and presentation skills, including writing materials targeted to different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team to achieve goals
- Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work collaboratively to seek relevant inputs and prepare effective and inspiring propositions for support from individuals, families, major organisations, Trusts & Foundations, Businesses and Governments.
- A tertiary qualification is preferred – minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a similar role
In return for your high energy, excellent results and enthusiasm, you will have the opportunity to work within an engaged, high-performing, fast paced team with the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of Australians who are in need.
Salary Packaging is available, and we work from a convenient South Melbourne co-working location.
To be considered, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining specific relevant experience and five reasons why you are perfect for this position and your expected salary range and referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday, 26 February, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed in order of receipt so please apply now for this new role. You will have an advantage if you are available to commence immediately.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please send your application ASAP.
Due to the high number of applications for roles within Mind Medicine Australia, we cannot enter any correspondence or calls prior to the deadline for applications.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Work for us!
Are you looking to work with a forward thinking charity?
If so, we would love your help! We are a small organisation doing big things. If you feel you have the skills, please get in touch today.