Would you like:
- The opportunity to join one of Australia’s most innovative and fastest growing charitable organisations?
- A stimulating and flexible role working in the healthcare not-for-profit sector?
- The chance to work with inspiring, dedicated and curious colleagues in an energising, fast-paced environment?
- Meaning and purpose through working in the not-for-profit sector helping people who are experiencing mental illness?
- If this is you, then please apply for this exciting opportunity!
Mind Medicine Australia is a charity that helps to alleviate the suffering caused by mental illness in Australia through expanding the treatment options available to medical practitioners and their patients. We are establishing safe and effective psychedelic-assisted treatments to cure a range of mental illnesses.
Mind Medicine Australia is headed by social sector philanthropists Tania de Jong AM and Peter Hunt AM. Tania is one of the nation’s leading social entrepreneurs, creatives and inspirational innovators and Peter is one of Australia’s leading investment bankers and philanthropists.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will manage, develop and grow existing relationships with volunteers and chapter members of the charity and strive to secure new chapters, events, partners and supporters for our charity. This is a high intenisty role, with a dynamic and diverse workload, requiring a high degree of resilience and strategic approaches to work. You’ll bring a passion for giving, exceptional relationship and project management, volunteer and events management, organisational and influencing skills and strong networks. You’ll join at an exciting period of growth for our organisation and play a critical role in introducing innovative new programs and treatments for mental illnesses.
Primary Purpose and Responsibilities:
The Chapters and Community Manager is responsible for managing and developing an vast array of events, assisting with the administration, procurement, training and supervision of the chapter and volunteer portfolio and a range of other tasks as required as part of a small, dynamic and entrepreneurial team…moving very fast. You will also assist in the creation, development and refinement of policies and procedures for the network, and maintain and develop donor relationships and partnerships emanating from the Volunteer and Chapter communities. You will assist in establishing, maintaining and developing relationships with universities including through internship programs and clubs and societies.
- Assist the Executive Director as required.
- Collaborate with the Operations Manager and Volunteers, Grants and Chapter Leaders as required
- Manage events end-to-end and administrative commitments of the chapter and volunteer portfolio.
- Manage the procurement and induction of volunteers and Chapter Leaders and Chapter Members.
- Manage the training and supervision of volunteers and Chapter Leaders.
- Assist and manage the creation, development and refinement of policies and procedures pertaining to the events, chapter and volunteer portfolios.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with universities including through internship programs and clubs & societies.
- Assist in maintaining and developing donor relationships emanating from the Volunteers and Chapters communities.
- Assist in developing and maintaining other in-kind and financial partnerships with aligned stakeholders.
- A demonstrated track record and success in managing and coordinating small to large events and volunteers
- A strong sense of resilience, ability to work with tight deadlines, providing direct communications and boundaries as necessary.
- An understanding of and experience in philanthropy, partnerships and the not-for-profit sector or comparable experience influencing and securing support of programs for community benefit
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences
- A results-orientated approach and desire to consistently deliver great outcomes
- Strategic and analytical thinking; ability to identify future opportunities and tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Excellent presentation skills and the capacity to deal with people at all levels and areas of expertise
- High competency in all key IT programs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable, resilient, caring, ‘can-do’ and courageous
- A lifelong learner with a growth mindset
- Team-player with strong competencies in managing staff, volunteers and partnerships
- A sense of urgency
Key Selection Criteria:
- At least 5 years of experience and a successful track record in event management, volunteer coordination and partnership development
- Demonstrated high level written, verbal and presentation skills, including writing materials targeted to different audiences (graphic design and social media skills are an advantage)
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team to achieve goals
- Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work collaboratively to seek relevant inputs and prepare effective and inspiring propositions for support from individuals, families, major organisations, Trusts & Foundations, Businesses and Governments.
A tertiary qualification is preferred – minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
At least 5 years’ work experience in a similar role
In return for your high energy, excellent results and enthusiasm, you will have the opportunity to work within an engaged, high-performing, fast paced team with the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of Australians who are in need.
Salary Packaging is available, and we work from a convenient South Melbourne co-working location.
To be considered, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining specific relevant experience and five reasons why you are perfect for this position and your expected salary range and referees to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday, 5 November, 2021. Applications will be reviewed in order of receipt so please apply now for this new role. You will have an advantage if you are available to commence immediately.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please send your application ASAP.
Due to the high number of applications for roles within Mind Medicine Australia, we cannot enter any correspondence or calls prior to the deadline for applications.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Work for us!
Are you looking to work with a forward thinking charity?
If so, we would love your help! We are a small organisation doing big things. If you feel you have the skills, please get in touch today.