Welcome to the Mind Medicine Australia Podcast where we explore breakthrough innovations for mental illness.
The Mind Medicine Australia Podcast aims to connect, listen and share the power of lived experience stories of psychedelic-assisted therapy and mental health to inform research directions, policy and system change.
In this podcast you’ll hear about the real experiences of people who have endured and recovered from mental ill-health using psychedelic-assisted therapy. As a part of this exploration, we’ll explore related tools and experiences that our guests have used to cultivate and maintain wellbeing.
Listen to the podcast on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
Mind Medicine Australia Podcast Season 2 goals are:
- To connect, listen and provide a space for people with ‘lived experience’ to convey insight around mental health, their experiences with PAT and related tools for cultivating wellbeing.
- To explore how PAT has impacted peoples’ lives and sense of wellbeing.
- To share people’s understanding of wellbeing with the community.
- To consider how lived experience can influence research directions, policy and system change.
- To establish an avenue for meaningful conversations that ultimately transform the health ecosystem.
About Dr Deb Roberts:
Dr Deb Roberts, PhD is the podcast host for the Mind Medicine Australia Podcast ‘Season 2’ and has been a MMA volunteer, guides the weekly staff meditation, on the MMA Lived Experience Panel and has a life-long relationship with mental (ill) health yet been able to navigate a fulfilling existence through various means.
She is deeply passionate about conversations related to wellbeing. She uses her own lived experience as well as the reality of having two family members who ended their life seeing no treatment pathway forward. One was her older sister who tried countless medicine combinations, therapies and facilities over 30 years.