Preventing Suicide and Suffering
Please help people who are suffering with mental illness by supporting the development of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy in Australia.
"Pursue the charitable purpose of advancing health and, principally, to promote the prevention and control of mental health diseases in humans by promoting the research, education and development of approved and evidence-based psychedelic medicines for therapeutic use" (1)
Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy in Australia
Psilocybin and MDMA are now classified as controlled medicines in Australia.
In February 2023 the TGA approved Mind Medicine Australia's application to reschedule the substances psilocybin and MDMA from Schedule 9 (prohibited substances) to Schedule 8 (controlled medicines) of the Poisons Standard. With this rescheduling, psychiatrists who have the requisite approvals are now able to utilise psilocybin for treatment-resistant depression and MDMA for PTSD. These changes came into effect July 1st, 2023.
Apply now for our Certificate in Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies (CPAT)
Everyone in need should be able to access psychedelic-assisted therapies in medically controlled environments
#1 Psilocybin and MDMA Rescheduled in Australia - a world first!
$15m Federal Government Funding Secured for Innovative Therapies for Mental Illness
4 Clinical Trials Supported
360+ Therapists trained
600K+ YouTube views
33+ Local chapters
250+ Events to date reaching tens of thousands of people
3000+ Chapter members
80+ Advisory panel members
32,500+ Volunteer hours
- Interest in psychedelic-assisted therapies has been growing steadily in recent years and they're beginning to become available for limited use in healthcare systems around the world.
- The medicines used in these therapies have shown positive results for both safety and efficacy in clinical trials with no evidence of addiction.
- A variety of psychedelic therapies are being trialled as treatments for depression, PTSD, anxiety, end-of-life distress, dementia, anorexia and opioid, alcohol and smoking addictions and a number of other illnesses.
- Some of these therapies are showing remission rates of up to 80% after just 2-3 treatments when used in combination with psychotherapy.
- There have been over 300+ trials in the past decade.
- Both psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for major and treatment-resistant depression as well as MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD have been granted “Breakthrough Therapy Designation” by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the USA to fast-track the approval process because clinical evidence to date indicates that they may demonstrate substantial improvement over currently available therapies.
- In February 2023 MDMA and psilocybin were rescheduled from being prohibited substances to controlled drugs, making Australia the first country in the world to accord them this status.
Your donation supports:
Financial Assistance Toward Practitioner Professional Development
Supporting access for practitioners to build upon their skills. This includes MMI's Certificate in Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies program, as well as shorter workshops to prepare mental health professionals for the future.
Awareness and Knowledge Building
We organise educational events, film screenings, conferences and also have local chapters open to the public.
Access to Medically Approved Therapy
We promote changes in legislation, promote legal and ethical frameworks, provide psychological support services, develop clinical rollouts and medicine manufacturing capabilities.
Engagement with University sector and novel research
Engagement with universities to promote research, development and economic analysis and rollout plans.
Supporting those who cannot afford treatments
Mind Medicine Australia will be setting up a special fund to receive donations from large to small philanthropists, and hopefully governments around Australia, to support those who cannot afford the full costs of treatments.