Share Your Story with Treatment-Resistant Mental Illness to Help Raise Awareness of the Need for Psychedelic Assisted Therapy in Australia
Mind Medicine Australia’s goal is to increase the treatment options available for Australians, by supporting the development of safe and effective psychedelic-assisted therapies.
To support this goal, we’re sharing the stories of every day Australians whose lives are impacted by mental illness.
Share Your Story
We want to hear your story if you:
- suffer from treatment-resistant mental illness
- are a carer for someone suffering from treatment-resistant mental illness
- are a clinician who would like access to new tools to allow you to better support your patients
Please share your story with us and the world, to raise awareness for the need for new treatment options in Australia.
There are two ways you can share your story: by recording a video, or by writing a post to be shared on our blog and social media.
Please follow the instructions below to record your video/write your post. To submit your content or ask any questions, please email email@example.com.
Structuring Your Story
- Length: 1-3 minutes for video (but if your story takes longer to tell that’s ok) and 500-1000 words for written stories
- Introduce yourself
- Tell your story, whether that’s your lived experience with mental illness, with psychedelic medicine, the experience of loved ones or your experience as a clinician
- Finish by making a statement to Australia’s politicians, asking them to help by creating a pathway for treatment-resistant patients to access these therapies
Technical Instructions (for video)
Filming on your phone is 100% fine, and if you have higher quality equipment then of course go for it.
Film in landscape
Try to record in a quiet location, preferably away from any loud noises.
Being in a room with furniture is a great way to absorb unnecessary sound (Like computer monitors, appliances or neighbourhood noise).
A place where we can see your face! Having direct light. If you can be aware of shadows on your face.
If you have any questions, would like assistance to record your story or have one ready to submit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
View the videos below or on our YouTube channel to see some examples, and visit our blog for written stories.