Are you a dynamic, multi-skilled professional who would like:
- The opportunity to join an innovative organisation that is seeking to change the paradigm for the treatment of mental illness in Australia?
- The chance to work with inspiring, dedicated, and curious colleagues in an energising, fast-paced environment?
- Meaning and purpose through working in the not-for -profit sector helping people who are suffering?
If this is you, then please apply for this exciting opportunity today!
Mind Medicine Australia (www.mindmedicineaustralia.org.au) is a charity that helps to alleviate the suffering caused by mental illness in Australia through expanding the treatment options available to medical practitioners and their patients. We are establishing safe and effective psychedelic-assisted treatments to cure a range of mental illnesses.
Mind Medicine Australia (MMA) is headed by social sector philanthropists Tania de Jong AM and Peter Hunt AM. Tania is one of the nation’s leading social entrepreneurs, creatives and inspirational innovators and Peter is one of Australia’s leading investment bankers, social entrepreneurs and philanthropists.
The Administration, Education and Training Officer is responsible for overall administrative support and office management for MMA and will also work with MMA’s Education Directors to deliver our acclaimed Certificate of Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy (CPAT) and our online short courses.
The role is responsible for maintaining highly efficient administrative processes and communications with a diverse range of stakeholders and to ensure quality experiences for students and outstanding operational effectiveness of the training and education arm of MMA.
Term of Appointment:
Primary Purpose and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative and customer service requirements of MMA and MMA’s CPAT and online training courses. This includes:
- The handling and coordination of communications to ensure that MMA provides timely liaison, responses and appreciation to all stakeholders, volunteers, donors, Faculty Teachers and members of the public interested in our work
- Liaising with stakeholders, partners, key individuals, organisations and thought leaders in mental health, philanthropy, academia, government, regulatory bodies and other partners by representing MMA professionally and providing an exceptional client experience
- The preparation of correspondence and collateral, including briefings, presentations, reports, submissions, marketing materials and notes to ensure that written information is comprehensive, accurate and timely
- The maintenance and improvement of MMA databases, ICT systems and reporting procedures to enhance efficiency and support decision-making
- Document and file management e.g. soft and hardcopy filing of client records
- Engagement with our world class Teaching Faculty and assisting with organisation of CPAT course schedules and curriculum requirements
- Book business travel for course intensives
- Booking venues and services for course intensives
- Any other administrative duties to support operational continuity
Client Relationships, Systems and Processes
- Maintain highest client management standards from initial enquiry through to post-service evaluation and follow up
- Respond to enquiries via email, website and telephone
- Ensure accurate data entry and management of customer relationship management
- Prepare student and speaker/teacher agreements
- Identify opportunities to promote MMA’s training services
- Liaise with Finance Department in the administration of accounts processes e.g. requesting invoices, reporting and expense requisitions
- Ensure both in-person and online courses are delivered efficiently
- Excellent communication with the international Faculty of Teachers
- Co-ordinate student experience from application through enrolment, course delivery, completion and student feedback
Other General Responsibilities:
- Meet and where possible exceed agreed personal Key Performance Indicators
- Work as part of a team to attain MMA’s mission
- At least 5 years’ experience as a high-level administrator
- Tertiary qualifications in administration or business management are highly desirable, but not essential
- Recent experience in database management
- Recent experience with learning management systems (LMS).
- Extensive experience in customer service/client relationship management, preferably in a commercial, corporate and/oe education/training environment
- Experience with marketing, social media and graphic design will be an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work to deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative to improve business outcomes and a ‘can-do’ growth mindset
- Stamina, resilience and integrity
- Ability to provide exceptional client service through professional, friendly demeanour and intuitively understanding client needs
- Strong skills in stakeholder engagement, managing expectations, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to work autonomously and part of a team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio) and relevant training platforms
- High levels of verbal and written communication
In return for your high energy, excellent organisational skills, performance and enthusiasm, you will have the opportunity to work within an engaged, high-performing, fast paced team with the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of Australians who are suffering with mental illnesses.
Salary Packaging is available, and we work from a convenient Melbourne location.
To be considered, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining specific relevant experience and five reasons why you are perfect for this position and your expected salary range and at least 3 referees to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 16 January 2023. Applications will be reviewed in order of receipt so please apply now for this new role. You will have an advantage if you are available to commence immediately. Please send your application ASAP.
Due to the high number of applications for roles within Mind Medicine Australia, we cannot enter any correspondence or calls prior to the deadline for applications.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Work for us!
Are you looking to work with a forward thinking charity?
If so, we would love your help! We are a small organisation doing big things. If you feel you have the skills, please get in touch today.