Join this FREE WEBINAR presented by Dr Reid Robison (USA), Chief Clinical Office at Numinus.
Topic: Lessons Learned from 10,000 Doses of Ketamine.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
· Overview of ketamine, including mechanism of action as a dissociative anesthetic and psychedelic medicine
· Overview of ketamine-assisted psychotherapy as a promising treatment option for a number of difficult-to-treat mental health conditions
· History of the therapeutic use of ketamine
· Safety considerations (contraindications, inclusion/exclusion criteria)
· Comparison of ketamine to other psychedelic medicines and discussion around ketamine’s place in the field of mental health
· Real-world evidence supporting the use of ketamine and Spravato for patients with comorbid depression and anxiety, including safety and efficacy data, as well as cost-effectiveness and feasibility in an outpatient, clinical setting.
· Protocol and results from a clinical pilot program of KAP for frontline health care workers
· Overview of group-based ketamine-assisted psychotherapy (G-KAP) for eating disorders
Date: Wednesday 10 May 2023
Time: 12:55pm for 1:00pm start – 2:15pm (incl Q&A) (AEST)
The presentation WILL BEGIN AT 1:00pm.
Location: Online. A link will be emailed to you with the viewing details
Don’t miss out – Get your tickets early!
More about medicinal psychedelic treatments:
Psychedelic-assisted treatments offer enormous potential in providing a meaningful alternative to current treatments for mental illness. PTSD is a debilitating condition that affects tens of millions of people worldwide, with many more trauma victims diagnosed with comorbid conditions such as depression, anxiety and eating disorders. In recent clinical trials, MDMA has been shown to produce reliable clinical improvements, restoring patient safety and self-agency even for individuals who have suffered with PTSD for many years, and for whom many treatments have failed.
The wave of clinical psychedelic research and regulatory support is rapidly building, with experts forecasting the availability of psychedelic-assisted treatments in the US and EU within the next 2 to 5 years, subject to positive clinical outcomes in large trials that are currently underway.
Dr Reid Robison (USA)
Reid Robison, MD MBA, is a Psychiatrist, Researcher & Chief Medical Officer at Novamind. He has led over 100 clinical trials in neuropsychiatry and co-directed the molecular genetics laboratory at the University of Utah Department of Psychiatry. Reid is co-founder at Cedar Psychiatry, and serves as Medical Director of Center for Change, a top Eating Disorder treatment program. He was the coordinating investigator for the MAPS MDMA-assisted Psychotherapy study of Eating Disorders. He was one of the first clinicians to use Ketamine. off label for depression in Utah and obtained his first grant to study Ketamine in 2011. He also led the Utah site for the pivotal IV Ketamine. study for treatment-resistant depression by Janssen, leading up to the company’s recent FDA-approval of Spravato (esketamine) via breakthrough therapy designation in 2019. Reid supervises & trains the Ketamine-assisted psychotherapy practitioners at Cedar Psychiatry’s clinics across Utah, and to date has guided thousands of Ketamine therapy journeys and, and hundreds of Spravato dosing sessions. As a social entrepreneur, Reid has built and sold a number of purpose-driven companies including Tute Genomics, a venture-backed personalized medicine startup that was acquired in 2016. Reid is adjunct faculty at the University of Utah, Brigham Young University, and Utah Valley University, has served on numerous non-profit boards. He founded the Polizzi Free Clinic, to bring mental health to Utah’s uninsured, and most recently co-founded SCPTR, a psychedelic therapy & research non-profit. He currently volunteers as medical support and a psychedelic therapist at Ayahuasca retreats abroad, and often provides medical safety consultations to shamans, therapists and researchers working in psychedelic medicine. Reid continues to share his vision for personalized medicine whenever he gets the chance as you can see in his TEDx talk entitled “The Genome Revolution Begins with You.”