Don’t miss out – Get your tickets early!
Join this FREE, 60-minute online webinar to gain access to insights and learn about ground breaking treatments to chronic mental health conditions.
Join this FREE WEBINAR presented by Dr Reid Robison (USA), Psychiatrist, Researcher & Chief Medical Officer, Novamind.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Overview of psychedelic-psychotherapy as a promising new treatment option for eating disorders which traditionally are difficult-to-treat
- Overview of the Emotion-focused ketamine-assisted psychotherapy (EF-KAP) protocol for anorexia, including some preliminary results from an open-label feasibility trial
- Overview of Group-based ketamine-assisted psychotherapy (G-KAP) for eating disorders
- Real-world evidence from clinic data supporting the use of ketamine and Spravato for eating disorders, including bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder
- Review key components of the MAPS’ MDMA-assisted psychotherapy protocol specifically for anorexia nervosa and binge-eating, including the importance of caregiver involvement.
- Review the rationale for using psilocybin + an IFS therapy model for eating disorders
Topic: Psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy for eating disorders: Growing evidence and future directions
Date: Wednesday 28 September 2022
Time: 12:55pm for 1:00pm start – 2:15pm (incl Q&A) (AEST)
The presentation WILL BEGIN AT 1:00pm.
Location: Online. A link will be emailed to you with the viewing details
Dr Reid Robison (USA)
Reid Robison, MD MBA, is a Psychiatrist, Researcher & Chief Medical Officer at Novamind. He has led over 100 clinical trials in neuropsychiatry and co-directed the molecular genetics laboratory at the University of Utah Department of Psychiatry. Reid is co-founder at Cedar Psychiatry, and serves as Medical Director of Center for Change, a top Eating Disorder treatment program. He was the coordinating investigator for the MAPS MDMA-assisted Psychotherapy study of Eating Disorders. He was one of the first clinicians to use Ketamine. off label for depression in Utah and obtained his first grant to study Ketamine in 2011. He also led the Utah site for the pivotal IV Ketamine. study for treatment-resistant depression by Janssen, leading up to the company’s recent FDA-approval of Spravato (esketamine) via breakthrough therapy designation in 2019. Reid supervises & trains the Ketamine-assisted psychotherapy practitioners at Cedar Psychiatry’s clinics across Utah, and to date has guided thousands of Ketamine therapy journeys and, and hundreds of Spravato dosing sessions. As a social entrepreneur, Reid has built and sold a number of purpose-driven companies including Tute Genomics, a venture-backed personalized medicine startup that was acquired in 2016. Reid is adjunct faculty at the University of Utah, Brigham Young University, and Utah Valley University, has served on numerous non-profit boards. He founded the Polizzi Free Clinic, to bring mental health to Utah’s uninsured, and most recently co-founded SCPTR, a psychedelic therapy & research non-profit. He currently volunteers as medical support and a psychedelic therapist at Ayahuasca retreats abroad, and often provides medical safety consultations to shamans, therapists and researchers working in psychedelic medicine. Reid continues to share his vision for personalized medicine whenever he gets the chance as you can see in his TEDx talk entitled “The Genome Revolution Begins with You.”