Are you a dynamic, multi-skilled professional who would like:
- The opportunity to join one of Australia’s most innovative, entrepreneurial and fastest growing charitable organisations in a pivotal role?
- A stimulating role working in the healthcare not-for-profit sector where you are constantly learning and meeting new challenges?
- The chance to work with inspiring, dedicated and curious colleagues from both Australia and overseas in an energising, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment?
- Meaning and purpose in your work because you are helping people suffering from mental illness to get well by making new and innovative treatments available to them?
- To manage multiple projects simultaneously and can juggle priorities like a Cirque De Soleil artist?
If this is you, then please apply for this exciting opportunity!
Mind Medicine Australia (www.mindmedicineaustralia.org) is a registered charity that helps to alleviate the suffering caused by mental illness in Australia through expanding the treatment options available to medical practitioners and their patients. We are building the ecosystem for establishing safe and effective psychedelic-assisted treatments to cure a range of mental illnesses.
Mind Medicine Australia is headed by social sector philanthropists and entrepreneurs Tania de Jong AM and Peter Hunt AM.
The organisation has grown strongly since its establishment three years ago and involves a core team based in Melbourne, a large number of volunteers, Chapters of Mind Medicine Australia in over 25 locations across Australia and New Zealand, a Board of Directors drawn from relevant sector leadership roles and Ambassadors and Advisory Panel Members comprising psychiatrists, psychologists, pharmacologists, researchers and other Sector leaders from both Australia and overseas.
The organisation has four core strategies: awareness building, education and a huge series of events; the development of a world class psychedelic-assisted therapies training program (we have approximately 100 students going through the program this year); various R & D partnerships with major universities; and all the logistics involved with rolling out these new treatments (regulatory barriers, legal and ethical frameworks, protocols, standard operating practices, training manuals, clinic rollouts, trials, building the economic case and so on).
At Mind Medicine Australia we are driven by a big mission in an exciting, dynamic and truly transformative field.
This means we have a lot of initiatives occurring simultaneously to fulfil our purpose to shift the paradigm in mental health, re-schedule psychedelic medicines for the treatment of mental health and do our part to push humanity forward.
In the last year we have:
- Hosted the biggest Summit in the Southern Hemisphere for psychedelic-assisted therapies with 1000 attendees
- Commenced over 30 Chapters around Australia and NZ
- Submitted rescheduling submissions to the TGA
- Launched Australia’s first book of psychedelic healing stories
- Launched online courses which have been consumed and loved by hundreds of people globally
- Produced videos that have been seen by 100,000+ people within weeks of going live
- Ran a therapist training program (CPAT) regarded as the best in the world by the leaders in psychedelic therapy
- Conducted a global Webinar Series and dozens of training webinars for mental health related associations
- Produced two dozen podcasts with world leaders in the fields of neuroscience and mental health
- And a whole lot more
We are looking for a brilliant Project Team Manager to assist MMA in keeping “the trains running on time” and “juggle all the balls” plus support and assist in developing new projects and campaigns to achieve our mission and grow our movement.
We have incredible volunteers and chapter members to leverage. A talented manager would be able to help us harness the goodwill and talent of our large and generous network towards furthering our key strategic objectives.
You will be expected to prepare and present progress updates to appropriate management channels on a regular basis, ensuring the productivity we seek is being achieved.
Objectives of this Role:
- Ensure maximum team performance by proactively liaising with team stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration and communication is occurring
- Monitor projects from requirements definition through to deployment, identifying schedules and deadlines, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, with defined budgets in collaboration with project staff
- Analyse project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that team adheres to project requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes
- Effectively resolves issues – deal well with conflict, addressing hard issues and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner
- Manage, inspire, and hold our small multidisciplinary team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments and deadlines to achieve outstanding performance
We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, so as to communicate effectively and responsively
- Superior organisational skills
- A strong sense of resilience, ability to work with tight deadlines, providing direct communications as necessary
- A results-orientated approach and desire to consistently deliver great outcomes
- Strategic and analytical thinking; ability to identify future opportunities and tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Excellent presentation skills and the capacity to deal with people at all levels and areas of expertise
- High competency in all key Microsoft, IT and finance programs (databases and XERO)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable, resilient, caring, ‘can-do’ and courageous
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise effectively
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility (Can-do, agile mindset), accountability and a high level of professionalism
- Possess a high degree of common sense and emotional awareness
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise diplomacy
- Team-player with strong competencies in working with staff, volunteers and partnerships
- A sense of urgency
- The ability to develop, execute and run successful events and other activations will be an asset
- Passion for the work we do and the mission we are on
- High attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with the inherent chaos of a fast moving organisation
- A demonstrated execution mindset and a record of success holding people accountable as required
- Moral courage, a can-do attitude and the desire to be part of the biggest paradigm shift in mental health in decades
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to get things done
- 5 years+ people and project management experience
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A lifelong learner with a growth mindset and a capacity to understand and interact professionally and knowledgeably with mental health/medical sector professionals including psychiatrists, psychologists, researchers, other medical professionals, regulators and peak bodies, consumers, supporters etc
- A broad understanding of and/or interest in the treatment of mental illness, community wellbeing, health, science and medicine and the not-for-profit sector
In return for your high energy, excellent performance outcomes and enthusiasm, you will have the opportunity to work within an engaged, high-performing, fast paced and mission-driven team with the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of Australians who are in need.
Salary will be dependent upon experience, skill set and qualifications. Salary packaging is available, and we work from a convenient South Melbourne co-working location.
To be considered for this exciting new role, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining specific relevant experience and five reasons why you are perfect for this position addressing the selection criteria, and your expected salary range and referees and possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed in order of receipt so please apply now for this new role. You will have an advantage if you are available to commence immediately or in the short term.
Due to the high number of applications for roles within Mind Medicine Australia, we may not be able to enter any correspondence or calls prior to the deadline for applications.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Work for us!
Are you looking to work with a forward thinking charity?
If so, we would love your help! We are a small organisation doing big things. If you feel you have the skills, please get in touch today.